I keep getting a ton of questions on how I get my "makeup look" and which products I recommend.
My look has been the same, pretty much since high school, but the products I use to get the look definitely changes all the time--the plight of a beauty junkie, always looking for the Holy Grail products.
Below are the exact steps I take to "do my face" every morning, as well as the products I'm loving at the moment (November 2016)
My Make-Up Steps (in order)
(1) Apply Tease eyeshadow by Urban Decay all over lid, a little heavier application on outer half of my lid.
(2) Use black pencil eyeliner (I like this chubby, affordable one by L'Oreal) and apply it UNDER my top lash line. This is also known as tightlining and is a good way to define your lash line without just drawing a big stripe on your eyelid. Perfect for the "no makeup" look I tend to prefer.
(3) Apply Urban Decay's Blackout eyeshadow along my upper lash line using an angled shadow brush. Again, I try to avoid "lining" anything, I'm really just sort of "darkening" the lash line.
(4) Use whatever shadow is leftover on the brush and lightly line under my bottom lashes.
Tool tip: I these eye brushes by Real Techniques.
(4) Curl lashes (I don't know what eyelashes curler I have, some drugstore variety), and apply a coat of It Cosmetics Super hero mascara.
(5) Use the shimmery end of Anastasia Beverly Hills highlighter pencil to the inner corner of my eye and to highlight my brow bone (the spot just under the highest point of your arch).
(6) Apply Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Longwear Cushion foundation all over face. Um, I'm obsessed with this product. It's a compact, you apply it with the little sponge they include, and it takes about 2 seconds to apply, and you can throw it in your purse for touch ups. It's high coverage but natural-looking. In summer I wore the color Bisque N, but just switched to Buff N now that my tan's faded a bit.
(7) If, and only if I'm going to be gone all day/night, I apply powder to set the foundation.
(8) I've been forgoing blush lately, and just applying a little bronzer under cheek bones and along top of forehead. Nars Laguna, baby.
(10) Lips: if it's just a regular old writing day, I just put on good old Burts Bees Wax (original). If I'm running errands/have a date with Mr. Layne, I'll put on lipstick. Current favorites: Dior Addict Fluid Stick in Versatile (a natural shiny pink but not too teenage-glossy. Dior Addict Milky Tint in Milky Plum (an utterly gross name for a pretty product. Subtle, sophisticated mauve). If I want a bit more color, Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Rapture. A muted rose color, not too bright and perfect for Fall.
For those of you thinking, "Gawd, that's a lot of steps." I suppose, but this all takes me about 2 minutes, but I can do it in 1 if I'm in a rush.