📚 Favorite Books
Below is a list of my favorite books. If you’re looking for my favorite writing tools, business tools, etc, be sure to check out this page.
My Favorite Romance Novels
Yes, most of these are “old,” but I guess I’m an old soul or something, because I most enjoy the style of romance that was being written 10+ years ago. And good writing never goes out of style.
Here are my top ten romance books, in no particular order. These are Amazon affiliate links.
- It Happened One Autumn, Lisa Kleypas
- Ain’t She Sweet, Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- All I Ever Wanted, Kristan Higgins
- Perfect, Judith McNaught
- An Offer from a Gentleman, Julia Quinn
- Practice Makes Perfect, Julie James
- Mirror Image, Sandra Brown
- A Kingdom of Dreams, Judith McNaught
- Meet You in the Middle, Devon Daniels
- Slightly Dangerous, Mary Balogh
My Favorite Books for Writers
I’ve read dozens of books about writing. Many are excellent. These three have been the most impactful. Links are affiliate.
- Big Magic, Elizabeth Gilbert
- Self-Editing for Fiction Writers, Renni Browne & Dave King
- Perennial Seller, Ryan Holiday
Nonfiction Books That Have Changed My Life
You’d think as a romance author, I’d predominantly read romance. And don’t get me wrong, I can’t resist buying any book with the word duke in the title). However, the majority of my reading time is dedicated to nonfiction. Below are some books that have changed my life for the better. Links are affiliate.
- Atomic Habits, James Clear
- Einstein, Walter Isaacson
- Daily Rituals—How Creatives Work, Mason Currey
- Make Your Bed, Admiral William H. McRaven
- Girl Code, Cara Alwill Leyba
- Essentialism, Greg McKeown
- The 4-Hour Workweek, Tim Ferris
- Stillness is the Key, Ryan Holiday
- Chasing Slow, Erin Loechner
- Digital Minimalism, Cal Newport